Docklands JFC applied for £1,000 in 2015 to provide new equipment. The grant reduces the costs for players and parents which is important as a lot of these boys come from poorer backgrounds and their families can struggle to pay.
About Docklands Junior Football Club
- The club has provided football for the local community children for over 20 years.
- Docklands JFC is an equal opportunities club with boys from numerous nationalities representing the club.
- Docklands JFC has a comprehensive Constitution and provides a code of conduct for all club members.
- Docklands JFC became an FA Charter Standard Development club in February 2004.
- All new managers are unpaid volunteers who are CRB checked with FA Level 1&2 coaching qualifications.
- Affiliated to the LFA playing in the Selkent Sunday league.
About Bermondsey Square Community Fund
The Bermondsey Square Trust collects money from the occupiers and owners of Bermondsey Square through the occupiers’ leases and grants awards for ‘The marketing animation and promotion of the Bermondsey Square Estate and making a positive contribution to the wider neighbourhood and community of Bermondsey.’About the Community Fund
Image: U11s in new kit