Bermondsey Street Festival 2014 returns on Saturday 20th September bigger and better than ever. Bermondsey’s annual village fete is full of treats including live music, tasty food, kid’s entertainment, and even the unveiling of a community created sculpture.
Round the day off with the delights of the decadent Night Market in Bermondsey Square.
Guide to Bermondsey Street Festival Events
Bermondsey Street Festival is an annual celebration of music, dance, arts, cuisine and creativity in Bermondsey. Here’s a guide to some of the fabulous events planned. The numbers in brackets indicate locations on the map below. For the latest news and updates visit the Bermondsey Street Festival website.
- Start the day fresh at Bermondsey Square Farmers Market , 10am – 2pm
- Live music at the Bliss Music Stage from 12:15pm – 6pm, corner of Bermondsey Street and St Thomas Street ; and at Tanner Park Stage  from 12:30pm – 7pm
- DJ Sound system in Black Swan Yard 
- Unveiling of community sculpture The Shared, Carmarthen Place 
- Children’s events with Unicorn Theatre from 12pm – 5pm, the court in front of Snowfields School 
- Vauxhall City Farm from 11am – 6pm, the court in front of Snowfields School 
- Village fete fun including maypole dancers; dog show, test of strength, children’s crafts and entertainers, Leather Market Gardens 
- Comedy Club (over 18s only) from 2pm – 8pm, Village Hall, Leather Market Gardens 
- Dance demonstrations and lessons from 50s jive to jazz and salsa from 11:30am to 8:30pm, Whites Ground 
- Kids tennis tournament (7-11 years old) from 1pm – 4pm, Tanner Street Park 
- Fashion show, White Cube Gallery from 1pm – 2pm, Bermondsey Street 
- Barbecue, bouncy castle, tea and delicious homemade cakes, bric-a-brac stalls and live choral performances, St Mary Magdalen Churchyard 
- StockMKT Night Market returns to Bermondsey Square with delicious artisan street food, fabulous cocktails and live music to finish a glorious day in true party mood. 4pm – 10pm, Bermondsey Square 
Bermondsey Street Festival needs you!
Love fancy dress? Got a dog that deserves a winner’s rosette? Take a look at the Get Involved page to see how you can take part in the festival.Get involved